1.06.2010

unintended silence

I'm sorry for the unintended silence. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. We sure did. I thought I would take a moment to share some of our holiday with you. Our holiday in pictures!

This is another photo of the huge snowstorm that hit us. Since then (like the rest of the country) there has been a hardcore cold front. There's snow dustings often when we wake and below zero weather with the wind chill. This may sound like nothing to you northerners, but down here it's COLD. So cold that people don't do things. For us it's been fun to bundle up again.




Holiday crafting was in full swing. Sam made a quilt for our niece Kyleigh (in CO). (I forgot to take a picture of this...it was awesome and pink). The first pic is of a dress and shawl I made for niece Eily's doll we gave her. Turned out well I thought. Idea for the dress is from here. Altered a bit to make it fit the doll given. Other pics are of the advent calendar I made for my sister in law. It turned out so lovely and I think she was thrilled. Now I need to start working on one for us for next year! We've already been thinking of what we'll put in the sweet little pockets!





Christmas Eve service. Made me a bit weepy this year. Silent Night sung by many and candles lit with the help of your neighbor...that's what Christmas is all about. Oh, and yes, that's Sam in a pink robe. He was Joseph this year. The second pic is our niece Skyah who turns 6 this month! Where does time go?!

Our friend Andy came in from Chicago for 48 hours. Quick but good visit. What is it about old friends that just makes your heart full and feels so easy?

Well, that's what we've been up to. What about you? Drop us a line if you're so inclined.
n.



1 comment:

  1. All your sewing looks great, of course... glad you had a good time over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?