1.24.2010

It's been too long.

Goodness. I can't remember the last time I spoke on this lovely arena for thoughts. Here I am finally ready to give it my all and I'm at a loss for words. So, here is our day in pictures.


Raining.
Our rain barrels overfloweth.











































Sleeping.
Sweet little boy.











































Reading.
The Gone Away World by Nick Harkaway. Sam doesn't read many novels, he's enthralled with this one.


Thinking and praying.
Haiti: about thousands of people who now have nothing while I waste potable water while doing laundry and dishes.

This month there will be no debt bomb. Sam and I have decided to give everything we can this month to the relief efforts in Haiti. Our avenue for doing this is through our "in-laws" Steve and Nancy James who have lived as medical missionaries in Haiti for years and years. They are lovely people who are genuinely altruistic. If you'd like to give to them see Sam's previous link to their donation site.

Hope you and yours are well. We would love to hear from you.
N.

1 comment:

  1. Awww... it's good to read the thoughts of friends we see too infrequently. And when we do see each other, we're chasing babies, not talking deep and reflectively. Nice to have a space to do this. I finally remembered to subscribe to the blog today, so now I should stay more up to date on the family (and the debt bomb). Great work by the way! Hope to chase babies with you again soon. :)

    Robin (and Jason and Asa)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?