3.16.2010

Babies on the brain...

In two days we leave for Denver. Mostly for a wedding and a baby shower, but also for a tiny family reunion. Weddings in Sam's family are an awesome reason for a family get together. They're really fun and loaded with far away relative reunions. This will be especially fun as there is a baby shower included! I love making baby gifts!

Here's the baby shower gift I've been working on for a few days now. Dustan (Sam's cousin and the father of the baby) is a firefighter, so for the longest time I tried to think of a way to applique some sort of firefighter emblem onto a onesie...I just never got inspired and therefore no onesie came out of it. The onesie that did come out of the thought process was this one:
The tiny owl is appliqued onto a clearance baby Gap onesie...I love how soft all their cotton is...using felt and straight stitch of embroidery floss. I love hand stitching. Kedzie will be getting one of these, that's for darn sure.

To go along with the onesie, I had to make some burp cloths. I loved my homemade burp cloths. They made the whole spit up thing so much more manageable with their prettiness. These are, by far, my favorite.


 The patchwork was inspired by this book. It's made entirely from scraps and the finished projects makes me smile every time I see them. I think I might have to make a few for the new babe.

I've also been working a few things to keep Kedzie happy & quiet (it can happen) while on the plane ride to Denver. Stay tuned. I hope they'll get done before we have to leave!
n.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet shirt! I love the owl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to what you are working on for Kedzie for the plane ride. Shiloh and I are flying to Seattle in a little over a week and I'm brainstorming fun activities/items for out travel as well. Do you think I still have time to make something?
    Marita

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?